*Compliments of Tam Darling Makeup Artist
For Brides to Be
- A lot of time and detail went into choosing your dress, ring, flowers, and even your hairstyle. Don't let your makeup take a backseat. Take the time to go through magazines and pull out makeup styles that you really like, even tear out the ones you really hate. It could be how a certain feature is played up, or that great lipstick color, or how the skin glows, or even how they used way too much eyeliner. All this is easy to say and show to a makeup artist, like me, with pictures. It helps tremendously to show your desires by pictures rather than endlessly describing it. This helps me immensely in seeing what you like and don't like. Remember, our mental ideas of pink lipstick could be completely different. There is a lot of truth in the adage that says "a picture is worth a thousand words". It really gives me a lot more information with a visual sense.
Things to bring to your consultation appointment:
- tear sheets from magazines, of makeup you like and don't like.
- A picture of your wedding dress (a printer copy will do). This gives me a great idea of the style of the dress and the wedding. Is it romantic, dramatic, elegant? This gives me an idea of your style.
- The shade of lipstick that you’d like to wear. If I don't have it, using yours is no problem. This is also a great test to see how long your lipstick will last during the evening.
- Your favorite waterproof mascara. I highly recommend using your tried and true mascara, and yes, waterproof. You just might be shedding tears of joy. If it's your brand, I don’t have to worry about watery eyes, redness, allergies, etc. If you are not particular – then I will use a tried and true favorite of my own.
Remember, your makeup run-through is the time to play, try different ideas, colors, etc. Don't be afraid to say you don't like something. Makeup is easy to take off and reapply. Once you have your look down, I will make sure to write everything out, and note makeup items you may not have that you'll needing for that day.